Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Oh deer! And other creatures great and small...

Tonight as I was arriving home from work, I stopped to unlock the gate at the end of our driveway. I glanced up in astonishment to see a deer grazing freely in our yard, about 15 or 20 yards inside our gate. Not surprised to see a deer--we see them practically everyday around here. But with Aslan around, we usually see them OUTSIDE the fence of our main yard. It took me a split second for my eyes to adjust to the sight before I realized, "Oh! That's Mole'!" With his recent haircut (shearing) he looks so much like a deer!


I can never fully anticipate what I might encounter in my driveway when I get home. Sometimes it's like my own drive-through animal park--and I don't even have to pay admission! 

Here's a little glimpse at some of today's welcome wagon:

Lomi and Mole cruisin' in the yard

Lomi on the driver's side now
Some ducks and chickens running up to greet me

Aslan watching over chickens and ducklings

Baloo standing at his greeting corner

Horse hugs, brown side

Gotta get the white side, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment